Rebel Jewel. About Me!
My name is Rochelle and welcome to my website and blog.
I am dedicated to sourcing and creating products that tell a story and are unique. I want you to be able to express your sense of individuality through your fashion, style and swag- and apologetically so.
“I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.” – Frederick Douglass
Who am I and what am I about?
- Proud Jamaican-British-African (It’s a thing). Born in Jamaican, raised in the UK and I am of African heritage.
- Afro hair warrior. Our natural hair is beautiful and I will promote it and all glory as much as I can, wherever I can.
- African empowerment. Do I need to explain this one? Study your history.
- Challenging the status quo. I don’t like being put into boxes unless I put myself in there. I mean we all have to “fit in” somewhere right?…and I certainly don’t like being told who I should or should not be and how I should or not be being. It makes sense to me.
- Expressing my individuality as much as any person can. It goes without saying. I am me. Not you!
- Handmade enthusiast. Handcrafted is love. Love is all we need – so they say!
- Learning and re-learning – somewhere in between I am teaching.
- Making a statement. With my earrings, fashion, style and beautiful spirit.
- Women’s rights- call me a feminist if you want to, it does not offend me. I am a woman and I stand by us.
“Maybe it’s easier to conform, to stay in a job I hate to pay bills of the things I don’t even enjoy and marry a man I’m not passionately in love with, whilst surrounded by those who have absolutely no life to their smile but I don’t want easy. I never have. I want a life so f**king grande.”
You can contact me down below. Thank you for being here.